Monday, August 10, 2009

One week to go!

I spent the morning at my pre-op appointment. Brent and I waited for nearly 2 hours...ugh...but we finally got to sit down and talk with my dr. about what will happen.

I know my dr. is a man, plus he has never had a hysterectomy, but he seemed pretty positive that I would be up and about sooner than I expected. I guess that remains to be seen. We are not doing staples, thank goodness! Just stitches on the inside! That is a huge relief for me. The anticipation of having staples removed was just about more than I could stand! All my bloodwork and such looks great, so we are a go for Monday morning!

As for the bed jacket, I have had no luck. My sister found a robe that I ca alter, so let's see if that works. Just another to-do to add to my list this week!

I bought breakfast and lunch and snack stuff for the next 3 weeks today. I think we are just going to play dinner time by ear. Our deep freeze is showing signs that it is about to kick the bucket, so I don't want to make any meals to freeze and then lose them.

Brent moved the living room satellite box to our room, so I can watch good TV in bed. We have huge transem windows in our bedroom, as well. It is as hot as the sun in there by 3:00! He made a shade thingy to cover that part of the window to keep it cooler, too! He's such a good man.

I need to put away the groceries and then it will be time to pick up the kids from their first day of school! My first day of getting ready is almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment