Thursday, August 20, 2009

I am home!

These past 3 days are NOTHING like I thought they would be.

We got to the hospital Monday morning at 5:30 and checked in. I was taken into surgery at 7:30 and woke up in the recovery room completely aware of everything. I was not groggy at all. I had some pain, but they had put a binder around my abdomen that supported me. It made all the difference in the world! I spent the first day just managing my pain with a pain pump. I slept some, but not all day. I was on a liquid diet, but did great on that so by suppertime, they put me on a solid diet. I ate well and felt well enough to have the kids come visit.

After I got my catheter out Tuesday morning, I could get up. I showered and took some walks and felt great. They took away my pain pump, but I did great on the pain pills.

I came home yesterday. I am not in a huge amount of pain. My neck and shoulders hurt from the anesthesia, but aleve helps. I have a good amount of energy, so I have to remind myself to rest!

I just can't believe how little pain I am in! I am staying on top of what pain I do have with medicine, though. Thanks for all your prayers! They have made this whole experience much better! Time for a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment