Tuesday, August 11, 2009

6 days to go

I really feel good about things today after my doctor visit yesterday. He told me that I COULD drive after he checks me at 1 week. Depending on what meds I am using for pain probably determines if I do or not. The thought of sitting up in a car seat for 30 minutes in the car rider line bothers me. I have my parents to help with pick-up, so I hope to be driving at 2 weeks out, which is sooner than I hoped.

The pain is what has me nervous right now. I don't like to take a lot of pain medicine, but my husband has told me that I have to take it. And I always listen to what he tells me to do. :) I found out today that I will be on a morphine pump the first day. I have no idea what that will be like. I hope that means no pain that day. I will also have a catheter the entire first day, which I dread. I had one with my son, but I also had an epidural. My little girl came quickly and naturally, so a catheter was not even an option. Maybe I'll be so doped up that I won't mind it. I have heard from several of you that have gone through this, and I would LOVE to hear your experiences, from the hospital to recovery.

I am going to use a hormone patch at first. Not sure how I feel about that, but my dr. feels that it is the best option for my age and hormone level. I am very nervous about having a switch hormones a lot. I pray that we find the one that works very quickly!

I bought some ginormous underwear. It's just lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment