Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Home for a week

Well, I have been home for a week. I have to say that I have felt much better than I ever anticipated. I went to the Dr. on Monday and everything looked great. He cleared me to drive, which helps so much with school for the kids and also lets me run a couple of errands.

My sister came to visit for a couple of days and we went to a few stores yesterday. I did great, but by the time it was over, I was done for. And I have slept all day today.

I am doing well with my pain. I am not taking any narcotics anymore. I did not wear my binder yesterday and I am really sore today because of it.

Two things that I am HATING about recovery. #1 My mind is gone. I cannot hold a thought for more than a minute. It is driving me crazy. I can't focus on reading or anything. TV is even a problem. #2 All the things I cannot do. I can't bend, I can't lift. No housework. I have to have someone get plates for supper. I can't load the dishwasher. I can't vacuum. I can't do laundry. I can't really cook because of all the lifting and bending. I feel very useless. I see spider webs that I cannot destroy!

I have started taking Ambien to sleep at night. It helps a lot, and I have not had any of the spooky side-effects that some people have. In fact, I am going to take some right now and hit the hay. At 7:00. My word.

1 comment:

  1. So I'm confused as to why #2 is a problem for you (#2 in the above post, not #2, #2...you know what I mean:) I wish I wasn't allowed to do housework!

    ReplyDelete