Thursday, July 30, 2009

The story of the bed jacket

Towards the end of my lame pity party the week that my children were out of town, I decided to get a grip and make this as positive an experience as possible. Part of being in bed for weeks is needing to buy new pjs. I am a knit pant kind of girl, but I need gowns as long as I have my staples in. (The thought of that makes my knees weak...) So, Brent and I went gown shopping. Oh my word. For some reason, the Pajama gods have decided that the only thing to put out this year are those stringy silky camis. Imagine me laying in the hospital bed all willy nilly with what the Lord gave me on display. We went to Target, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Macys, Penneys, Sears...all mumus. I have never seen so many seersucker zip up gowns in my life. Our last stop was Dillards and I finally found some cute knit gowns that I am very excited to have.

Now, for the bed jacket. If you don't know what a bed jacket is, it is essentially a short robe...a robe you can wear in the bed without getting your knickers in a knot. It is a very old lady thing to wear, but I feel this is necessary. My family has had a field day with this, but I am still looking for my bed jacket. I might have to buy online. If I am going to be stuck convalescing, then I am going to do it in fuzzy pink happiness, thank you very much!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you need me to fly down and help out at all...seriously I will! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete