Thursday, July 30, 2009

Reality sets in

>

I have known for a good while that having a hysterectomy was going to be in my future, but as I hung up with the appointment desk, a wave of dread hit me. It was NOW. Not in the future anymore. I just felt lost. What would it be like for me?

I came home and got on the internet. (My husband loathes medical websites, by the way! He says they get me all worked up. Hmmph.) Everything out there is so general and there is NOTHING for younger women out there. My kids went to their grandparents for the week and I sulked the entire time they were gone. I guess not having them here to distract me left me be alone with my thoughts and feeling. Again, I just felt lost. No answers for me...

I have lots of friends that have had the surgery, but most are 15-20 years older than me. Most of their answers don't apply to my questions. I have a friend close to my age and she has helped me, but I just wanted to find something that I could read to prepare myself for the next months. I did find an e-book called the Happy Hysterectomy that is pretty good. It was someone helpful, but I decided to keep this blog in case there is some poor soul out there that only has this...
...to rely on. Heaven help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment