Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Choosing the date

I am a super-ahead-of-time-planner, so I know what I am going to do months in advance. We are going to the beach the beginning of August, and school starts August 10th. We are going to Disney World in October, so I had to be well enough by then. My surgery needed to fall somewhere between the beach and Disney. I didn't want to do it the kids' first week of school, and in order to give more a good 7+ weeks, I would need to schedule it for the week of August 17th. That JUST HAPPENED to be one of the busiest times of my year. I am on the committee of our church's children's consignment sale, , a job that takes lots of my dear friends working together around the clock for that entire week. I just bit the bullet and asked my committee girls what they thought. They were so supportive and told me to do it. So, I scheduled my hysterectomy for August 17th. The kids will have been in school for one week and we will have almost 8 weeks until Disney.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Miss! I think you are totally doing the right thing. Mom did the same thing when she was 35 for about the same reasons. Hang in there and we'll be praying for you here in TX! Miss you lots! -Amy W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,
    I can totally relate. I had mine at 34 too. It was the best decision I could have ever made. You should be doing great by Disney. We'll be praying for you.

    Cristy Farley

    ReplyDelete